1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade Your Geddy Lee Neck For My Moses Graphite Neck (exact same dimensions!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    About 6 months after buying my Fender Geddy Lee bass I replaced the neck with a Moses Graphite Neck. Now I am wanting to have the original neck back on the bass. So what I would like to do is do a straight trade my neck for yours.

My neck:

- The dimensions are exactly the same... and I mean exactly. this was important to me. I wouldnt have bought the Moses neck if it were larger or different. When I received the graphite neck I placed it side by side and on top of the original neck and they are the same.

-virtually mint condition with virtually no fret wear or fingerboard wear. Graphite is a very hard substance so it takes alot of playing for wear to occur. Additionally, I play flatwounds and only flatwounds. I dont like the texture of rounds. That really makes a difference on saving the fretwire.

- no dead spots. one of the biggest reasons I wanted graphite. Deadspots are uncommon on graphite and there is none on mine.

- doesnt react to weather conditions such as humidity like wood does. This an advantage if you live in a humid climate. Ultimately this means that you dont have to make truss rod adjustments as you do with most wooden necks. The geddy neck dimensions are smaller compared to most other necks so they probably would need more TR adjustments than other wooden necks.

- the only other thing I can think of at the moment is that this neck is black so it looks pretty cool.

What I request of your neck:

-very good condition with minimal fretwire wear and fretboard wear. Hopefully almost mint.

- no deadspots. I loath them! :meh:

- it must be a genuine Fender Geddy Lee sig neck not a Mighty Might or Allparts knock-off. Not interested in any other type of neck besides the geddy.

I would prefer to keep my tuners so I would guess you would keep yours also.

I'll try to get pics up ASAP. I would like to see a pic of yours as well.

I cant think of anything to add. If you have questions let 'em rip.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Why are you switching back?

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I recently played a geddy at a store with the original neck and it just really appealed to me. Basically, I am just looking for a change. Know what I mean?

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I hear ya...... I picked up an old p the other day that I hadn't touched in about two years. I can't put the thing down now!

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    bump

6. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    will you sell the neck outright? and if so, how much?

7. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    this is a done deal. i made the trade already. thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.