1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

**Traded** Bossa OBJ-5 AMAZING Bass - MUST SEE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Traded!!! Thanks for looking!

OK, I'm breaking out all the stops now. Thinking about trading my Bossa OBJ-5 5 string! It's a OBJ-5 in natual color. Don't confuse this with the lesser OB-5. The body on the OBJ is slighlty different as are the electronics (18v vs 9v, etc) and a few other things. OBJ is about $500ish more than a OB... I have a G&G case for it (beat up with broken middle latch but functional). This is the real deal boutique bass. Plays like butta!!!
    She has some player wear for sure. She's about a 7.5 or 8 out of ten in terms of pure cosmetic condition (some rub wear on the pickup covers from the B hitting them and a few minor dings on the sides, two missing plastic caps on two of the tone knobs). As for functional condition, she's a 10. Neck is perfectly straight, action is SUPER low, frets are still 85+% etc. The B on this bass is just plain sick. VERY tight! At least as tight as any of my 35" scale basses and this is a 34"!!!

Body is ash. Scale is 34".
    Spacing:
    spacing at nut = 9mm
    spacing at bridge = 18mm
    nut width = 1 13/16"

24 frets.

The bass is light also. I'm guessing under 9 lbs. So shoot me your trade offers. PLEASE don't low ball me with lesser basses unless you are willing to kick in the right amount of cash to make up the difference. This bass lists for about $3000 and I believe this model sold for about $2500 street price new.

This is the model (mine is natural finish, not quilt maple like the one in this link):
    http://www.bassexchange.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=94_96&products_id=47

More info:
    http://www.bossa-usa.com/basses.shtml

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

bump for a great looking bass!!

3. Quadzilla

Up to da top!

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    String spacing / Nut width? Cash price?

5. Quadzilla

Feels very "J-ish" in terms of spacing (meaning fairly close) but I'll break out my ruler when I get home later this eve. As for cash price, leaving this as a trade for the moment...

6. Quadzilla

To the ceiling!

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    What kind of basses are you looking for?

8. Quadzilla

As for trades, just run them past me (basses and heads). As for string spacing, etc:

spacing at nut = 9mm
    spacing at bridge = 18mm
    nut width = 1 13/16"

9. bump for a nice bass and a good guy.

10. Quadzilla

Thanks J!

11. CNTX

CNTX

Dec 7, 2006
    Austin TX
  12. Bump for a good guy and a nice bass. I remember checking one of these out at the LA Bass Exchange years ago. It held its own with the F basses and other boutiques in the shop.

13. Quadzilla

Thanks for the bump Cpt! The cab I bought off of you did great at a gig this past weekend!

14. Glad you're diggin' it!

15. PM sent.

16. Quadzilla

Bump!