1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD [TRADED] - Elrick Classic Platinum 5 FS/FT [big pictures]

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smperry, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    This is a 1997 top of the line Elrick. It has an ash body and a very nice flamed maple top, back & headstock. The neck is maple/bubinga/[ebony or wenge?] with nicely figured bubinga fretboard. Ebony or wenge stringers throughout and walnut wedge. It’s 35" scale, has 19mm bridge spacing, and I believe it weighs 8 lbs. More general info at http://www.elrick.com.

It has Elrick Bartolini pickups & three band preamp. When I first posted this thread there was some unwanted noise on the preamp, but I’ve had that taken care of locally…and I’m not raising the price.

Cosmetically, the Elrick is very nice but not pristine. There's some rub off on bridge saddles and small scratches and dings on the body. I've tried to capture most of it in more photos below. Thankfully it’s all pretty invisible looking directly at the front of the bass. Playability is great; no problems there. Excellent B. Will come in a hardshell case.

Please note on the first one, the line on the top (where it meets the neck) is NOT a crack, but it's a spalt. There's some spalting in the flame which I forgot to mention, because it's pretty subtle.

Rear lower horn (line on neck is not a ding):

Theres a bit of wear on top of the pickups, but having trouble getting it to show up. Here's a shot of the armrest, showing a little ding there:

Not big stuff, but want prospective buyers to see it.

I got this recently, and while it's a wonderful playing bass, I just don't think it's my sound. Will consider fretted or fretless five string trades...may be interested in some fours, but probably only vintage type stuff. Bass + cash or bass + bass for the Elrick might work too. Will sell for $1800.

Any other questions, please ask away.

Marshall

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. mark lloyd

mark lloyd Gold Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    I'm interested in the elrick was thinking about trading my sukop 5 but not sure if i want to part with it yet. as far as cash i only have $1400 not sure if thats reasonble enough you make the call its been on here a while so i wasn't sure how soon you wanted sell. thanks!!!!

3. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    :confused: it hasn't been up long at all. It was on hold for a while because I was planning on trading for a 6 string, but I've decided I want to stick to 5 strings. I'm not in a rush to sell, and would want more than that...thanks though. Might be interested in the Sukop depending on the pickup configuration.

thanks,
    Marshall

4. mark lloyd

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    Hey marshal i was interested in the elrick i have a sukop 5 i was think about trading but not sure if i'm ready to part with it yet but thinking about it. as far as cash i will make ofer of $1400 not sure if thats reasonble enough you make the call again it's been on here a while didn't now how soon you wanted to sell. thanks!!!!

5. mark lloyd

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    i have some pics i'll try to send you....

6. mark lloyd

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    hey give me your e mail for pics not sure how send pic on here..

7. mark lloyd

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    hope you got the pic..

8. mark lloyd

Oct 23, 2005
    Macon,Ga
    the sukop is spalted mapel..

9. any second thoughts about a trade this way then?

10. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    PMs back and bump!

Marshall

11. StrangeVision

StrangeVision

Sep 2, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Would you trade for a 6-String Warwick Thumb?

12. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I'd like to stick to fivers.

M

13. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Spoken for...

M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.