Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

traded in my p-bass........

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    at home sick today so i'm posting everything that's going on in my bass world........

this weekend i traded my american p-bass deluxe for a hartke 2000 head with a 4X10 transporter bottom. my current combo amp is getting a little tempermental so i felt i needed a backup.

i'm happy with the trade. Although i didn't research it all that well i think they're both pretty much equal value, and i was having a really rough time selling the p-bass. seems people don't wanna drop more than $500 for that. it originally went for 1000, now i think you can buy em new for around $850.

did a search for the hartke stuff and just got a lot of mixed opinions from them being semi-professional gear, to them being totally the shi*t. I kinda dig the aluminum cone sound, a little nervous about blowing a speaker though as I've done it 2X in a studio we used to rehearse in. i'm going to attribute that to EVERONE ELSE having abused the amp :) .

any thoughts?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I use a TP 4x10 200w cab and a Trace Elliot V4 (220w tube and I overdrive the power stage). I was going to get around to hooking up a 1x15 to ease off the TP. A covers band used the church where it's kept and actually vibrated the cab apart without damaging the speakers. The church paid for the repair and I never use the 2nd cab.