Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traded in my stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by proc83, Jan 26, 2005.

1. proc83

proc83

Jan 18, 2005
    I just traded in my eb stingray for a 4 string bongo. I was originally going to exchange the stingray for another one (since mine had scratches on it when it was supposed to be "new"), but I saw the bongo there and just had to check it out. After playing with it for about an hour, I decided I would rather have the bongo than the stingray. The stingray was great, but the bongo just seemed like it could be a lot more versatile. Also, it was VERY responsive. Anyway, I got hooked up with a pretty phat price too, I got the bongo out the door for $1030.

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    how much did you end up getting off after the trade?

3. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My buddy and I A/Bed my 2 humbucker Bongo and his 2-band EQ Stingray. With the Bongo's (and Stingray's) EQ set flat and the bridge pickup soloed, there was almost no difference in sound between the two. I'm psyched that my Bongo can nail the Stingray sound as well as create many more of its own!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Bongo.

But, dude, where the hell are the pics! You can't be starting a thread about a new bass without pics. It's like against the rules or something. :)

4. proc83

proc83

Jan 18, 2005
    Well, I had 970 dollars credit on my stingray. The bongo was selling for $1099.99 I believe, and I got it out the door for $60 dollars + my credit, which is $1030. This might not seem like much, but in my state (california) there is an 8.25% sales tax. So all in all I think I made out pretty well.

5. proc83

proc83

Jan 18, 2005
    Well my friend's borrowing my digital camera or else I would post some pics, but just imagine any black Bongo with dual humbuckers :)

6. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You mean like this? (this is mine)

[​IMG]

7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    You know, it's taken awhile but I'm starting to like the Bongo looks. The black is sweeet! :D

8. Yeah, It's growing on me too! I really like the new, all-black, Stealth Bongo!

Congrats proc83 on your new bass!

9. I PLAYED THIS BASS !!! :cool:

At the NYC get-together.

How's it goin, Willplay? :)

Congrats, on the Bongo, proc83

Mike

10. I used to really dislike the looks too, but lately I've been deciding I was wrong. That black is _awesome_ and I really wish it weren't completely out of my price range. Man...

11. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hey Mike!

Things are going great! I shot you a PM so we don't clutter up this thread. :D

Talk to you later!

WP4F

12. proc83

proc83

Jan 18, 2005
    Hey! Thats a nice bongo :) I like your pickguard, mine is just plain black...

13. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I traded my SR4 for the same reason, scratches and dings from being on the floor and just being played by many hands while in the store. I didn't go with the Bongo but the SR5.

[​IMG]

Currently GASing for a Stealth Bongo 5.
    [​IMG]

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Congrats on the bass man :bassist:

15. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    can I see a body shot of your sr5 please. It looksbeautiful, and I dont recognize the pickguard.

16. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is the best I can do for now. I don't know if this is OK to do in someone elses post though.
    [​IMG]