Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traded in SWR for Eden or visa versa

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gerard Rizzardo, Sep 15, 2000.

1. Can some kind members help me out with there wisdom and experience. I'm writing from Oz (Australia), and the only high range amps that we can really offered over here are lower range SWR's or Edens. Eg Swr 350 & Eden 400, both around $2400.00 dollars. Ouch !!! Sad isn't it !!!! Poor exchange rate. Some of you could be millionares over here. So before I choose, has anyone out there bought either a SWR or an Eden first, and then found over a reasonable length of time that you weren't happy with it, so you then traded it in for the other because you preferred it's sound. I've tried both in stores, but as we all know playing and gigging only gives you there true sound and abilities. Many thanks Rizz

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nope, never done that, but Eden rules.

3. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I had a few Hartkes (and an old Acoustic 370 :)) before I zeroed in on my SWR Bass 350. I like it!

Craig

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    SWR and EDEN are very alike.
    David Eden was part of SWR's Crew.
    You cant go wrong with any of those.. But I would recomend that you go with Eden.
    It has a more balanced tone, (Specially in the cabinets)
    The highs are more rounded in the Eden.

5. I checked out both and found the Eden WT 400 and 800 series more versatile and slightly quieter than the SWR 350 and 750 heads. I also preferred the Eden tone to the SWR.

6. Eric M

Eric M

Aug 26, 2000
    There is no such person as "David Eden". Why do people keep saying this???

Eden Electronics was founded by a man named David Nordschow (spelling?), who used to work in conjuction with SWR for a time. But David Eden - there simply isn't one.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    <b><i><big>Eden</b></i></big>

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

In a word EDEN

9. Thanks to all you guys who have responded so far for your opinions and advice. Greatly appreciated !!!!

10. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

Probably the same reason they think 'Steely Dan' is an actual person. (...who used to sing John Ford Coley... )

Or 'Pink Floyd'..."yeah, I really like HIM."

The world is full of infidels (SP?).

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You're right. But there really is an England Dan. (Dan Seals, who went Bop).