1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traded My Ibanez SR800LE for a Fender w/ upgrades...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OldSchoolBass, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I was doing the Craigslist thing, and saw an ad for a guy selling a MIM Fender P Bass with upgrades to the pickups, knobs, other hardware and pickguard for $250. The guy was looking to get a bass with actives.

So I thought.. Hmm... Just bought a Bongo, and while I like my SR800LE (wine red, mid 80's) I wouldn't mind a trade, so I e-mailed the gent and we made the deal last night. I don't "have to" have actives - and he felt they were a necessity for what he was doing. So it worked.

It's a secondary bass for us both.

Not a big fan of MIM Fenders, but it was extrememly clean, the pickups sounded nice and it actually played quite smooth.

Just thought I'd share.

I'll miss the Ibanez, nice sound, pencil thin neck, great action, etc.. But this deal worked and both sides are happy.

Not too mention, on a fixed income (ok, broke) it's always nice to score something "new".