Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

traded my musicman for a thumb bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Dec 29, 2000.

1. i loved my stingray, but it couldn't deal with it for recording, the thumb bass sounds great for recording and playing.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Heh, tossing some dust into the eyes of all Stingray-freaks? I would have done the same, but I don't care much for the Stingray's tone in the first place...

Why can't I have more money? :(

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Did you find the transition from one to the other difficult to make as far as the neck width (back to front)? And was the string spacing difficult to get used to or even possible for slapping?

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Good move! I'd have done the same.

5. well i have only had it about 12 hours now so i will have to get back to you in the near future. as far as slapping and string spacing goes i haven't had a problem but i also own way to many basses so i am pretty good at adapting to the diferent feels of the neck. i really like this bass so far