Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

traded the hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Jun 8, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    so i threw my hartke 2.5XL in the back of my van on a whim right before i left to spend the night in philly. i stopped by a GC on the way, and walking in, i happened to notice a used bag end 210 sitting on top of a bag end 15 cab. someone here has this exact rig....so i asked the guy how much, he said, um, they just got here about 2 hours ago, let me check. the 210 was 329, and the guy gave me 150 for the hartke. good deal? i thought so, i was getting sick of the hartke, so i bought the bag end on a spur of the moment thing. after trying it out a little i think ill be impressed. plus is like half the size and weight of the hartke(not literally, but it sure as heck feels like it) so im not complaining. just thought id share.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Bag End makes some great products. You did indeed trade UP. I know ZuluFunk uses a rig simmilar (I think it's the same...) and Angus uses Bag End as well.

Good deal...and even if the deal was less than slammin, then at least you got some killer cabs.

Now you just need to get a really bitchin amp...

3. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    right, the amp....im sick of my hartke 2000...its too bad i have no cash...i would love to get my hands on a kern ip777, and pick up a carvin dcm1000 or 2000...that mesa 400+ i played today was really nice too though...

4. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    you should also have picked up the 15" :D

5. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Welcome to the Bag. I've got to ditto Brenden these speakers like lots'O'current.

6. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    you have no idea how much i wanted that 15........but like i said, no cash.....grr.

7. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    hmmm.....im thinking now....its a d10b-x, 400 watts at 4 ohms...would this cab handle a dcm1000 bridged into 4 omhs? i have 3 or 4 offers on my v4b cab at the moment, so if i sell that, i can afford a dcm1000, and then use the hartke as a pre til i can afford a better one.

8. you'll miss the aluminium cones soon enough ;)

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i would have paid you more than that for the cab!!!!!! why??????????????????????????????????
    only $130?!?
    i would have given you at least $175 and paid for shipping!!!!

steve

10. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    sorry mopar....i definitely would have sold it to you, if i had known i was going to sell it. i just threw it in the back of the van for the heck of it, and ended up seeing that bag end there, which i couldnt pass up. ive got a V4B cab for sale if you want it:D although shipping would be outrageous on it

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i am intrested in a v-4 head. got one?
    pic of the cab?

steve

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Your bag end could handle The DCM1000.. it can handle the DCM2000... as long as you don't push your cab. head room is a good thing

13. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    I've a Bag End 15" that I've had for about 10 years now and use it as an extension to my GK combo. It also sounds great with my Walter Woods head. I've been using a couple Acme 2x10's, and have been mulling over getting a couple Bag End 4x10's. Anyone expirenced the BE 4x10's? Any opionions' be great!

I played through a club owned BE 2x10 with an swr head up in this club in Juneau, AK last summer...I should've grabbed the cab it sounded so good! Hartke stuff sure looks cool, and I can get a pretty good sound out of it, but it's the construction and roadworthiness of the gear that bites me. I was playing on a Hartke head and Transporter 4x10 cab on this last cruise ship. Even though the rig never leaves the main theatre, I was always having to open up the amp and tighten the input pots so they'd work. Also, the input jack on the cab was about to go before I left the gig last week. I've played on a few other Hartke rigs out here on ships and I encounter the same problems. A real drag, 'cause those aluminum speakers do look sharp.

IMHO, Mr. Hartke and the fine folks there need to brush up on their construction skillz.

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    want to trade a 210 for my gear in my sig?

steve

15. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    YUP! :D

16. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i DID like the aluminum cones...but for what im doing right now, i can really do without all that brightness. when i bought the hartke a couple of years ago, i was doing more slap stuff, and that cab suited my style very well. now im not, and besides, the speakers needed a reconing in a bad way. the bagend(its a D10X-D btw, i dont think theyre in production anymore? i couldnt find it on the products page) has plenty of low end, and the highs are so much smoother, to my ears, than a horn, or even the 5" driver i had in the hartke. im VERY impressed so far, mostly by the amount of sound(wait, GOOD sound) that comes out of this little cab. i have a gig wednesday night, so ill get to test it out. i think ill be happy with it:)