1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

**Traded!!!!!**USA Custom Shop TBC MM Double H Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

This one is gone!

This is a USA Custom Shop TBC (The Bass Company) bass. It's their version of a Musicman Stingray with two MM Humbuckers. Has an active pre-amp with coil tapping switch and 3 band EQ. Flame maple blue top and trans blue back and sides. Rosewood fretboard with real abalone (spelling?) dot inlays. Also comes with the original USA neck (original one had a slight twist and I got a new USA neck from TBC and I put it on the bass). Basically same spacing as a MM Sterling. You can see in the last pic where I had to sand the neck heal just a little to make it fit in the pocket properly.

Serial number is 00146 (off of original neck). Gorgeous bass and very well made and extremely versatile electronics. Will post picks tomorrow (going to bed now). Was $450 + shipping, now reduced to $425 SHIPPED (lower 48)!!!! Every bit as good build quality as my MM Stering!

Sorry, shuold have cleaned her a bit better before taking pics (in a hurry this morn):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I really want to see this bass. I looking forward to the AP-500 (single M) and I am already catching TBC fever.:D

3. Quadzilla

Nothing against the current TBC's (made in China). They are fine basses, but they cannot compare to the USA Custom Shop basses...

4. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Excuse me, you are talking about the old ones that look like Stingrays? I never knew they came with two pups. I really want to see this bass!:eek:

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Are you interested in any trades?

6. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Is this a four or five string?

7. Quadzilla

4 and I prefer sale right now but I'll entertain trade offers.

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I like the look of that bass! Slap a D-tuner on it and it will be ready for business!:bassist:

9. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    I have had 3 usa TBC basses, I can say this, I prefer the 4 string, cause thats what I prefer on every bass. They pull off the stingray sound to the max, and this is no exception, these dual HH TBC's are one of the best sounding basses I have heard, esp for the price.

10. Quadzilla

Up to da top!

11. This is a wonderful bass. I miss her till I remember how uncomfortable I feel on 4 stringers.

12. Quadzilla

Bump for price reduction!

13. trade for schecter elite-4?

body is in great shape, only a tiny nick or two. however, the hardware is tarnished, but can be cleaned up.
    (black cherry, gold hardware, neck through)

14. Quadzilla

Thanks for the offer, but I'm hurting for cash right now.

15. Quadzilla

Bump!!!!!!! This is a USA custom shop bass folks. Buold quality is awesome (no lie). Playability is great as is the tone and the EQ is EXTREMELY versatile!

16. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Is this bass a blast from the past, or is it a bass made in the New USA shop After the China operations were ceased?

17. Quadzilla

This was made in the old custom shop BEFORE the Chinese operation even started.

18. i think im going to try and sell my schecter first. if this is still available, i'll try to pick it up.

19. Quadzilla

Bump!