1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD **TRADED** Zon Sonus Studio 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allright, you Zon lovers, and those of you who've always wanted one. Here is a beautiful example of Zon craftsmanship at its best up for grabs. I picked this up from fellow TBer Wovengraphite, so I'm trying to keep this in the family.

I've never owned such a quality bass before, but now that I'm in a classic rock band, I need more of a vintage type instrument. So, I'm going to let this one go. Here's a few specs: figured maple top, mahogany body, Bart pups, custom Bart preamp. 35" scale. And here's the link for more details: http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/sonusstudio5.html

I'm asking a very reasonable $2200 (plus shipping) for it. But, I will listen to reasonable offers and trades. I'm mainly interested in 5 strings but would consider a special 4 string.

1794s.

1798s.

More photos:
    http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/FreddyG02/Zon Sonus Studio/?sc=1&addtype=local

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    i'm really curious as to what a mahogany bodied zon sounds like...i've played about every other configuration except for the sonus studio

3. The mid frequency switches are fun to play with, and really affect the tone. At the middle position, the tone is a bit mid shy. In the down position, the mids are boosted, and you really stand out in the mix. In the up position, the mids AND the highs are boosted, which makes for a very modern tone. And there's a mid switch for each pickup!

4. what are the controls?

5. Volume, blend, and separate stacked treble/bass for each pickup. And separate mid boost switches for each pickup.

6. how much does it weigh?

7. I have no way of accurately weighing it, but compared to my other 5 strings, it's on the lighter side. I'd guess 9.5 lbs.

8. A nice bass deserves a nice case, right? The Zon comes with this beautiful vintage tweed HSC. It's in great condition, too.

1826s.

9. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    you have PM

10. An excellent trade offer. :bassist: This could get interesting.
    Thanks!

11. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    check your email :hyper:

12. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    You have pm

13. Got it. Another great offer. Thanks!

14. I'll tell you what's at the top of my trade list:

A Mike Lull 5 string (any pup configuration)
    A Lakland USA 5 string (any pup configuration)
    A Sadowky P or PJ
    Must be in great condition

But still accepting other offers. Thanks everyone. :)

15. If it's under 9 lbs in weight.. i'll take her off your hands...:bassist: :bassist:

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    holy geez, that's a ridiculous looking top!

17. My scale reads in .5 lb. increments. When weighing the Zon, first it read 9.0 lbs.. Then 9.5 lbs.. So, while not accurate, you still get a good idea of its weight. And it FEELS light and balanced in my hands.

In comparison, my Sadowsky Metro RV5 came in at 10 lbs each time it was weighed.

18. The mahogany body looks pretty good too.

1797s.

19. RobZon5

RobZon5

Feb 12, 2001
    Bartlett, TN
    Hey Brother! Didn't know there were others around here. Literally...
    -HMC (495)

20. Here's a pic for my Bass Brother Paul

1795s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.