tradein value of ampeg 410 & fender combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andrewd, Jun 28, 2005.

1. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm looking to trade my Ampeg BSE410HLF and Fender Bassman 60 into one of the local music shops, since I just got a Schroeder 1210 today. I bought both of these models at the store I will be going to.

The Ampeg is in good condition except there have been problems with the casters since day 1, and the carpet on the back is peeling off a wee bit, probably from sitting in my hot car too long (stupid on my part I know. At least the speakers were facing down). The Fender is missing two knobs and the power jack is loose.

What should I expect to get from these two? If they have a fretless there that I like I might try to do a trade.
  2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Knobs are super cheap. Input jacks are easy to tighten up. I'd go ahead and "fix" up that Fender before I took it in. It can make it appear that the amp was not taken care of if you let little things like that slide. That being said, no clue off the top of my head.
  3. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    As with cars, you would probably get more if you sell the items yourself than trade them in. See what they would give you, then compare it to prices you see on the 'bay.