1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trades Added (price drop) MIJ Fender Traditionla 60’s P Bass Midnight

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rigorous bass, Dec 21, 2020.

1. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Price:
    $825
    Strings:
    United States
    9D47134F-69C7-4B71-89C3-36F957B258CE.jpeg I am selling my recently acquired P bass. Excellent shape. I can’t find any bumps or scratches. Just the inevitable hairline stuff on black finishes but nothing significant. Really cool bass with a total vintage vibe both sound and playability-wise. The gold hardware makes this model pretty unique. These Japanese basses are built and finished really well in my opinion. Looks stunning!! Purchased new at a local shop. It has been set up recently and plays great! Plastic is still on pickguard. Weighs in at 8 lbs 4oz! Will include an after market gig bag. Pursuing another bass so I need the funds for it. Therefore, no trades on this one. Not much more I can say other than it’s a great p bass and a great value overall. $825 shipped. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks

** Trade interests added. Looking for a Lakland 44-51, Lakland 44-64, Fender 60th Anniversary Road Worn, or similar exc. But please feel to run any others by me. Can add cash if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  2. mmhmm

mmhmm

Mar 16, 2018
    Forgive my potential ignorance but the Fender logo on the headstock appears to be a sticker...is this a normal thing for Fenders or something else?

3. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Yes it’s a decal. I’ve read on threads about how this model came that way. Not sure what their purpose is exactly but I think they are trying to be true to the era. That’s all I have on that.

mmhmm likes this.
  4. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    It’s authentic and normal for this run of basses. You can check the serial number.
    I have one... sounds very close to my Nash PB-63... at half the cost!

mmhmm and rigorous bass like this.
  5. I've got one of these. Can confirm the hoaky waterslide decal is correct for this model. Great bass, I love mine. Fun fact there are a few out there with a gold waterslide decal. Honesty I like mine so much if i could afford it I'd buy it. But i am not bothered by the 60s? Style gloss neck. Which is the only complaint I've every heard about this model

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    magic8161 and rigorous bass like this.
  6. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    "Fun fact there are a few out there with a gold waterslide decal" Only one exists . I know I did all the research from Fender and they confirmed as well. it could have been they ran out of the 60,s ones or they just grabbed the wrong logo. as I was the one that Owned it. It was also a 70,s gold logo. I should have kept it.

trickyric, bignc and rigorous bass like this.
  7. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    I sold mine due to the Glossy neck and It had the truss rod Adjustment in the body. But what a sweet playing Bass.

rigorous bass likes this.
  8. Sierra Hotel

Sierra Hotel Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    Did you sell it to another member here? I bought mine last month and it has the gold logo . . .

E069ECE0-EAD6-4E23-A838-93A82A64EDB7.jpeg

bignc and rigorous bass like this.
  9. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    That's my old one. You have the only one in the world. I talked with fender and they said its very rare. I bought it once a while a go. That person sold it to someone else. A year later I bought it back again only ro sell it on ebay to a guy in California. Who in turn sold it here on talk bass. Its been around. But its a awesome bass. Ill see if I have the serial number ro verify it.

Green Knight and rigorous bass like this.
  10. Sierra Hotel

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    Interesting . . . the guy I bought from here is in NYC . . may have made the rounds . . . I love the bass, it plays well, sounds well, and I like the look. It’s a good contrast to my American Deluxe JBass . . .

11. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Hears what it looked like when I bought it the first time .

Attached Files:

etherealme and rigorous bass like this.
  12. Sierra Hotel

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    Yup, same one. Has black pick guard as opposed to the tort one in your pic. Small world here on TalkBass!

B2EB7F63-B2FF-4D3E-B887-D7BC6BEE95BF.jpeg 407ED521-9FCD-4FE0-91BE-FA1056C0AA54.jpeg

13. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Wow, what a cool story with that one!! Thanks for sharing!

magic8161 likes this.
  14. Sierra Hotel

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    Sorry for the hijack! GLWTS, they’re great basses!

15. VWbug

VWbug

Sep 11, 2010
    New Jersey

Very pretty!

16. Lol nice!

17. Yea I forgot about the heel truss rod adjustment. It's not really a selling point. I have pretty stable conditions where I store my basses so i havent h ad to adjust it yet. I'm such a fender and matching headstock fanboy I'm willing to deal with it tho.

rigorous bass and magic8161 like this.
  18. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    I have one, great bass.

Powerful sound. That pickup is great.

The neck is great. The frets too. And it's light.

The neck is glossy, but not Fender glossy. I tried some glossy neck Jazz basses and the hand sticks to the neck. Not with this one, plays great.

19. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Agreed! I usually hate gloss necks, but was really impressed with this bass. Played one at my local music store last year. Sounded wonderful, played even better. Great deal.

rigorous bass and J_Bass like this.
  20. Do you know the nut width? Looks like 1.5” from the photos...

21. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    42mm (1.650'').

22. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021