1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TradeTang EB-2 Copies?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gregstj114, May 26, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, I feel dumb for asking this...but does anyone here have any good experiences with buying basses from TradeTang? I've looked around at the "Rickenfaker" copies since a lot of users on here talk about them, but I saw they have copies of the EB-2.

So has anyone bought a bass from TradeTang (EB-2, Rickenbacker, etc) that was successfully delivered with no issues? And are they decent when setup professionally? Are there any sellers on TradeTang who aren't scammers and can be trusted? I know this seems stupid to ask, but I was really curious to know if anyone has had a positive experience with them.

Here's the link to the EB-2 copy:
    http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/N...-High-Musical-instruments/150653-2436446.html

2. .

3. I guess this was a stupid question to ask...

4. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    To ask about exact copies of rare/expensive basses on TB will probably get you viciously bashed. So, my suggestion is, don't ask about 'em.

5. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    WORD ;)

6. I definitely don't want to get bashed on here...I like this place lol. So now I know what not to say:bag: And ShiftyShift I agree with you! This wasn't the coolest/smartest thing to ask about. I'm just a rookie lol Don't ban me guys!:(

7. dminer

dminer

Nov 26, 2007
    It sure looks tempting. The handrest/pickup cover is in the wrong place as the originals don't cover part of the f-hole..it looks like it's an eb2d copy?.......otherwise it looks pretty nice and I have an original 66 eb-2. Others have been pleased with their rickenfakers from TT. They did have a 4005 on there for a time...but the pictures were stolen from another website....wrote them several times to try and get a pic of the actual bass they were selling and I got no response....still, a 4005 copy was pretty darned tempting.

8. It definitely does look tempting. But just to play safe, I'll save up for an ebony Jack Casady Bass. I don't want to get scammed or get blacklisted on TB either lol. But those copies totally look tempting.

9. InLeoWeTrust

InLeoWeTrust

Nov 11, 2009
    Word to the wise: if you decide to cause one of these trademark-infringing "instruments" to be imported into the US, and it is caught by a Customs inspector, YOU could be held civilly and/or criminally liable for it.

Carry on. . .

10. Yep it did look like an EB-2D copy, minus the baritone switch and the mini-humbucker was a lot closer to the neck pickup.

11. Definitely don't want to be arrested or anything. I think I learned my lesson when asking something totally ridiculous like this.

12. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I'm not interested in buying a fake fom someone on TT, but some of these folks will make you a custom order. I want this LoBue copy (LoBue no longer is around), and they may be able to build me the neck and body for me. I would do the rest.