Trading in my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groovit, Oct 17, 2006.

1. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Hey all,

I've decided to move up from my 2000 Fender P 4 banger to a fiver. I've had a five fretless for a couple years, but I need a fretted one. Anyway, being in college, funds are low, and I've been searching for a while for a midlevel fiver that's gonna be a good instrument for me. I've found a Shechter Custom at a local GC that I lke, and I'd like to pick it up.

What I need from y'all is what I can expect to get for my P if I decide to trade it at GC. As I mentioned, its a 2000 P in good condition. One ding on the body, but other than that, it's been well maintained. I'd like to do some HW on what I can expect for it before I go in to GC. Any thoughts?

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I don't have the bluebook here with me handy, but you'll do MUCH better selling it outright (like here in the classifieds). If your P is a MIM, you could probably count on about $100-$150 trade, if it's a MIA model,
    you may get $350-$400.

3. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    What cheezewiz said... Never trade in.. Always try to sell privately. You'll get more out of it.

4. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Cool. That's what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021