1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trading in...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, May 13, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Ok I can't say which bass i actually have without getting in trouble but I'll give the details. Anyway the bass cost about 280 new, active electronics . I was thinking of trading her in for a Squire P (plus 25 for new strings).

My bass is in overall good condition. Fairly new strings. No dings, dents, scratches or whatever. It has 2 replacement tune keys which I know will drop down the value.

Anyway I'm wondering what will be the best way about making the trade?

CL - with a trade for trade
    CL - price it for 180 - 200 which will give me the money to get a squire preowned.
    Take it down to GC and see what I can get.
    Take it down to a pawnshop to see what I can get.

What do you guys suggest Oh bass masters.:help:

2. elocke2009

elocke2009

Aug 19, 2009
    do both options for CL. post it as for sale, but willing to trade, but do not visit GC or a pawnshop unless you enjoy getting screwed over.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    +10 What he said!

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    if the bass cost 280 new would 200 be asking to much if it sells?

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Check what they sell for used on ebay. Go from there based on condition.

6. Pawn shops will screw you , they would give you like 80$. Post it on craigslist for 200$ see if it sells,

7. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I actually did that once when I first thought about this. They sell for 50 -100 dollars more on ebay.