Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trading the Carvin for 82 Fender Jazz Gold!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Oct 11, 2000.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    It looks like I might be trading my Carvin LB20F for a 1982 Fender Jazz Gold Series Bass!! Does anyone know specifically about this model? I've heard from him that its a really rare bass, which has a rare color, white pickups, gold screws etc.. etc.. This looks REALLY Cool!!!!

IM HAPPY AS HELL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

DM

2. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    Let me just put it this way: if that Gold Jazz is in at least very good condition, it's worth 3-4 times what your Carvin is. Excellent examples of those early 80's Gold J's can go up to around $1,500. Your bass sells for about $579 NEW, and around $225 used. Does the guy know what he has? If he's a friend, or at least hasn't done you any wrong, you may want to make sure he at least is aware of this -- you'd sleep better at night.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a sweet trade that I would do in a heartbeat.

If the other guy is still OK with it I say Go for it!

Good luck!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You might do better asking at the Fender forum (FDP); I seem to remember that this bass has come up in dicussions there before, but I can't rememeber what was said at the time. If it's gold and Fender, then Steve (Dude) Barr is bound to know all about it! ;)