1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tradingtang.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by peterkidd, Apr 20, 2009.

1. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    Hello

I clicked on the sidebar ad here for them a few minutes ago.

Perhaps there are currency exchange issues I am unfamiliar with, but 329.15 for a Gibson Double neck 6/12, 255.38 for a Gibson Supreme Les Paul or a Gibson Thunderbird Bass for 340.50, w/ free shipping on all seems like a pretty good deal.

Has anyone ordered from them?

As I would like the joyous happy of quality genuine instruments for myself, as well.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Awesome. :D Naturally these will be "genuine instruments" but not "genuine Gibsons".

3. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    i would think those are knock off at that price 255 for a les paul, no way

4. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh the humanity :mad::(

6. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Oh! They have a New Arrived Supreme Yellow Electric Guitar! I've been looking everywhere for one of those!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    they even have "made in u.s.a." stamped on them. lol.

8. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    I like Epiphone SG next to the Gibson guitar case. I'm confused: like most of their descriptions.

9. I'm thinking of ordering the Spector NS-5XL water cured redwood bass from happyshuo for $500. Has anyone out there actually bought one of these. If you have then share with us your opinion of the bass. If it sounds good and looks good and plays good It would sure be willing to part with 5 bills for what other wise would cost about $5800 dollars. Got $500, don't got $5800 to spend on a bass!

10. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    WOW!! 4003's for $295.00 and you get a better deal if you buy 4 or more!!

11. NS2A

NS2A

Apr 3, 2008
    You expect to get a $5800 bass for $500?

What's the saying about a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn?:D

12. jdbham

jdbham

Oct 24, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    Well, as stated earlier these are knock-offs. That being said I have a guitarist friend that ordered a "Kramer" 5150 copy from them last year and I have to say it's a very solid made instrument. He took it to a local top flight luthier for pup replacement and adding a floyd rose along with a good once over and the luthier was actually impressed with the workmanship on this particular instrument. Now, I'm not saying that everything that comes from there would be the same, but this is a case were he got what he wanted at a good price.

13. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Yeah, do us all a favor and put another fake into an already volatile market. Lets hear it for the pirates and thieves!

Unbelievable...

14. I would like to agree with this, but a rick body with a mudbucker and a mini bucker would rock, and If i keep it to myself (probably wouldn't ever sell it) or if I stated the obvious and sold it as a fake, I don't see the harm.

15. I have heard universally BAD things about TradeTang. Just random buzz around forums. Shame, too, if they were selling salvageable projects I'd be first in line to order up the starting-point for my own fakenbacker build.