1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Traffic school gives people brain tumors.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Apr 29, 2006.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Its 2am, I am seating here doing online traffic school and I can feel that I am getting a brain tumor, its growing in size every page I read and every test I take. It's been 3 hours but I can't go faster because people who take this class must be retarded. I am not the fastest reader but after reading that crap I have to wait another minute for the idiotic "next" bottom to turn itself on so I can go to the next page. How slow do I have to read????? The only thing keeping me from going insane is Rush 2112 CD Playing tears right now.

Anyways:
    So apparently folks, if a passenger is under age of 16 years he or she MUST seat in a child safety seat and then a picture where a freaking 3 year old would not fit into… how the hell you going to fit a 16 year old in it?.

Oh it doesn’t end there! The next one is “if you are driving with out licenses or with suspended licenses apparently they will remove 2 points from your licenses”. ...HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW????? If I don’t have licenses how the hell are you going to remove points from them?!?!?!

Then they tell me that If I want to get my licenses I must be age 18 or over. Hmm I got my at age of 16 (permit at 15 1/2) that’s right; I drove a car in a freaking child seat for half of year with my permit!!! I guess I broke the law... bad me... also I am in TRAFFIC SCHOOL god damn it, doesn’t that already mean I have licenses? I got a ticket then I must have had licenses!!! or will 2 points be removed from imaginary licenses. #@#()$*@#()$*@#()$!

Oh boy I am on page 260 out of 1500 or something like that; my head hurts. Reason this posts isn’t bigger is because I really don’t want to type every freaking page of this torture, get your own god damn ticket and enjoy the traffic school, I don’t want to give you guys any @#(#@$()#@! spoilers… More with idiotic comments in traffic school in several pages.

Thank you Rush!

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    OH BOY.... THE NEXT PAGE...

IF YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK YOU SHOULD NOT DRIVE... REALLY!?!?!?!?!!?!? OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY, CAN'T WAIT TO GET ONE OF THOSE SO I CAN GO DRIVING!!!

Oh and please people... dont cross the freaken railroad crossing if TRAIN is crossing at same time... accedents can happen!@#!@!#!(#@*UI#()!@*#!@()#*!@()@#

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Way you calculate how many seconds you are behind a car by starting to count when a car passes a stationary object. If you pass it before 3seconds is due then you are too close.
    Sometimes you need more then 3 second cushion, give yourself 4 or more if car in front of you and you are stopped and standing still in order to avoid accident if a car in front of you rolls back...

REALLY!?!?! So if I am with in an inch of the car in front I am still infinity seconds behind it right? We aren’t moving anywhere so how am I going to calculate how many seconds I am behind the damn car???

Oh and apparently you get 6 months in jail if you stop on a disable parking spot. Did not know that, cheese… confirm this? Only interesting thing I found out of this useless thing.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Why are you studying traffic school in the middle of the night?

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Because it's a perfect time to waste my time... I ain't going to waste it when I can do something fun... like driving while having a heart attack… Why would I do this bs when I can do something productive... It's as good of time as any.

Page 290

Interesting, one of example pics were taken in Russia for some reason...

6. See, this is why, when I had to do traffic school to avoid a ticket going on my record, I waited for summer break and then pissed away a Saturday when I didn't have anything better to do. My intelligence wasn't continually insulted, and I met an incredible mix of interesting people: a young, working-class black guy from Inglewood who got busted for cruising on Manchester Boulevard; a skinny late-middle-aged architect dude from Westwood who probably thought NPR was too conservative in its news reporting; an old woman from China who tried to listen to her voice mail while the instructor was talking; and other somewhat less memorable individuals.

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    This is first time I am doing online traffic school... 4 other times I did in class, it wasn’t that bad. Sometimes even fun, I left the instructor speechless because he could not figure out why I got a ticket for driving on a sidewalk. For a minute he was trying to figure out what was ticket for, asking me questions like “so they gave you a ticket because you hit sidewalk with your wheel”? When I told him that I just entered sidewalk with all 4 wheels on one of those ramps for people and exited the sidewalk on the next one he just sat down and would not say anything for about a minute while others giggled.

My first instructor was very cool, class was basically him going "ha ha, you guys got a ticket... well now I will teach you how to talk to cops so you have better chance avoiding the ticket" and he basically talked about his tickets and how to avoid them and bluh bluh. I loved that guy; dude in his 60's had over 40 tickets ex marine.

I really just wanted to see what this was like... i can tell you all now... not as good as class but takes same amount of time.

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Driving class was hilarious. It always amazed me how much "commen sense" they are required to teach. People are idiots.

9. Haha I really laughed with this one! So, why do you have to read this crap, can't you just do something different and when the button appears hit it? Practise scales, tide your room (ok, that's even worse)

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I've been semi doing that but they throw some curve balls at you so you have to scan it. Like on quiz they throw some question that have to do with what they write. Like "___ percentage of motorcycle accidents are caused by car drivers" it’s 67% apparently but how would I know that with out scanning what they write.

That is actually exactly what I am doing this whole time... scales and fingers exercise, walk downs and on the fretboard. :)

But that’s pretty much self-evident as if I am behind a computer chances are I am doing that.

11. LOL!

Serg you rule

12. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    I am very glad that I do not live in California. Texas' rules have become more cumbersome, but it sounds like you are in Traffic School He11, honey!!!

Cherie

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Don't you guys have drive thru alcohol stand there? :)

With 50 questions left I am no longer capable of understanding what I am reading, it became much less painful. :)

The last one I remember is that you can’t pass a truck on a right hand side if a truck is making right hand turn, apparently that is illegal and “can be dangerous”.

BTW are their any states left that you can take unlimited traffic school? Cal used to be that way now it’s only 1s every 18 months.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Done, now I need to go to UPS store and take a test :confused:

Ok here is a review boys and girls... go to instructor course, it’s faster and easier... this was pain in the arse and it’s not over as I need to go to UPS store… I just don’t get it. After 10 hours around 70 questions 1500 webpages of reading and 30 questions to make sure me is me (such as what color are your eyes, what is you weight and ssn) I still have to go somewhere and take a retarded test.

Save yourself, don’t do online traffic school, not faster, not easier.

Traffic school: 8 hours total
    Online school: 10+ hours plus finding a UPS store and going there and paying more money and taken some test…

Disappointed i am going to go sleep for a bit and then go find a UPS store.

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    FOUR, now FIVE times in traffic school? Driving on the sidewalk? Believe me, the questions for the braindead are for people like you. Reminds me of the joke how EVERYONE has that big hillbilly neighbor. Don't have one? GUESS WHAT????

Stop driving like an *******?

Wow, sounds like just the guy I want to take advice from!

My advice is to stop driving like an idiot, or just be a man and pay the fine. Aint no way I am giving up 8-10 hours of my life to save $100 on a ticket I deserved!

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Maybe if you were such a smart guy you wouldn't get so many tickets, eh? ;)

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    When I spent two summers in Arlington, TX, I stayed near a shopping center with a place that was a traffic school during the day, but a comedy club at night. I can't imagine the geniuses rolling through that place.

18. You still have to pay the fine, but if you do traffic school, the DMV won't report your ticket to your insurance company. Considering that I already pay $2000/year in auto insurance because I'm a 23-year-old male who lives in the city of Los Angeles, every little bit helps.

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Tumors are bad.

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Those who drive on sidewalks deserve higher rates. ;)