Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trailer for lord of the rings 2 : the two towers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Jul 6, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Saw it.

Very cool. :)

3. I can't wait for this movie to come out! I loved the first one and seen it like 4 times!

*sigh* I need a life. :p

:D:D

Merls

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey merls

have you ever been to new zealand, where they were filmed?

5. No i haven't. i'd love to though. I'd love to go to scotland too and see my ancestors castles etc. I love the whole medieval genre.

Merls

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That was great!

I can't wait for December. That movie's gonna be awesome.

7. Right on, thanks JT my brother has very anxiously been waiting to see the first trailer for The Two Towers.

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ROCKS!

9. Mr. Silas

Mr. Silas

Jun 28, 2002
    Rosemead, Ca
    OMG I'm a total LOTR freak and this was kick a**. Thanks alot JT...I can see why you are so revered, beloved and feared all in one here at TB.

Still it took FOREVER to download on my crappy 56k here. Damn dirty apes won't buy broadband or even cable modem.

The Two Towers is the meat and potatoes of the trilogy and hopefully will shut up those morons who saw The Fellowship of the Ring and were upset cause there was no ending.
    DAMN DIRTY APES!!!

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yea...that was a nice trailer....About 4 months ago I downloaded some strange bootleg "trailer" for the two towers(I might have even got the link at talkbass)and though the quality of the bootleg was pretty bad(camcorder in movie theatre quality) it was very long....and showed alot of really cool stuff....this offical trailer is practically the same thing...only shortened hardcore.
    at any rate I can't wait.

apple has got a good thing with those quicktime trailers.....there are quite a lot of modern trailers on their page....and quicktime rocks.

ya know...I never finished return of the king....I should go back and re-read the trilogy....its the least I can do.

11. I know alot of ppl wont agree but IMO the first film was an absolute disgrace to the Rings Trilogy. I admit my opinion is probaby a little biased since I read the trilogy twice a year (since I was 10), but c'mon, they left out their adventures in the old forest with tom bombadil, the travel to crickhollow and all the parts that happen in the brandywine region, Farmer Maggot, the barrow-downs too. What's more is that they changed alot of stuff that was really important (like getting the swords from aragorn and basically the whole fiasco of selling bag-end and moving to crickhollow), the fact that Aragorn didn't even have a sword until they got to Rivendell, they whole Uruk-Hai and Saruman pieces were twisted beyond recognition, they trio (note it was no longer a foursome) crossed the brandywine and instantly they were in bree? I understand that they can't get every comma in there but you think they could have made it clear what actually happened. This is really just a personal preference but I thought that the meeting in Rivendell was very poorly put together.

To the film's credit however it did have very fine acting, and the Caradhras, Moria, Bilbo's Party, Bree, the travels with Aragorn, and for the most part the second half of the film was excellent. Overall, it was a good movie... but only as a movie, not as Lord of the Rings Part 1.

12. OMG TWO TOWERS HAVE THEY NO RESPECT FOR THE 9/11 TRAGEDY I'M WRITING MRS. CHENEY!

13. Did they have planes in The Lord Of The Rings???

:rolleyes:

Merls

14. If they changed the name because of that I think I would have to announce the absolute insanity of our country.

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    They have to make the movie exciting and still make sense when abridging it, so things get changed. It happens. I read the books often, and I thought it was great. Could've been much worse; ever seen the animated versions? If they had included all the scenes you mentioned, the movie would've been 4+ hours long, which very very few people would sit through, it would've added millions to the cost, and it wouldn't have added a whole lot of extra excitement. Remember, moviegoers generally hate a movie if the plot is not progressing throughout the entire movie, so add LONG scenes that don't drive the plot in the least wouldn't make much sense. The general public of moviegoers aren't necessarily crazy about lord of the rings, even if they should be. It's nearly impossible to make a movie exactly like a book.

16. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    are you kidding??? JTs got a mullet.. i fear no man with a mullet.. and he plays on all those crazy 7+ string basses... :D just kidding.. JT is one bad mutha *"shut yo mouth"* I'm just talking bout JT

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D

18. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Whooooo hoooo!!!! :D -Luke

19. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I saw the trailer today in the theater (it was right after the end of FOTR {yes, i saw it again in the theater.}) It looked cool. What more can i say?

20. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

dude - check out this review about the POWERPUFF GIRLS MOVIE!!!