Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Train Troubles:Where can i find a form fitted case??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by furiously funky, Mar 31, 2003.

1. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    last year, i went on a little train ride with my bass. I was told i had to use the luggage car, and wasn't allowd to bring it on to sit with or near me. i thought meh, no big deal, it's in a form fitted hard case, it'll be fine. the trip to my destination was fine. on the way back however, there seemed to be a clog in the luggage belt. I was horrified to see the rail workers using my case as a battering ram for the other luggage!!They then threw it over the piule of unclogged luggage.
    the case was torn to shreds, and the hinges on the back were trashed.
    the train wouldn't pay for anything at all in the way of repairs or replasement.
    This was a school trip, so my band teacher said she would see if she could get the schoolboard to pay for it. I need to find a price for a replacement form fitted case. where could i find one for a yamaha BB605 case? or where could i find a company who would make one for me??
    i would love some help. thank you.

2. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    first thing I'd try would be e-mailing yamaha for a pricwe quote. Actually thats wrong. First thing I would have done was strangled some bagage handlers.....:eek: :D

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    There are some Warwick "Rock Case" semi-ATA cases on Ebay right now, pretty much universal fit for bass. You might want to take a peek.

4. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    That is the funniest thread ever:) :) :) :)

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Try your local large chain store I get them (Sam Ash) to order all the parts I need from Fender :) but yah if I saw someone doin that to my bass I woulda given him a good thompin.. or atleast a scolding :p

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Why is that? Because it didn't happen to YOU?

7. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    why do you think thats funny,i dont think someones cherrished bass and its case was damaged and someone out there finds it humorous?
    and coming from me thats pretty bad,for i have a warped and twisted sense of humor(i would give examples but then it would be me getting torn up)
    please be a little more compasionate towards others feelings, remember what goes around comes around, next time someone "accidentely (or not)messes up something of yours,think of all of us laughing at your mis-fortune,and believe me .WE WILL BE LAUGHING:spit:

8. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    thank you to evey one who was kind enough to reply and NOT make fun of my misfortune, and an even bigger thank you to thoes who stuck up for me when i was laughed at.
    :bawl: