Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Trans red maple/alder Cirrus 6 - mint/new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vic, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    ON HOLD

Ok, GAS has hit me hard recently, so I'm gonna' sacrifice the C6. I'll get pics up later as the pic on my gear page doesn't show the new upgraded preamp (with sweep mids and metal knobs), tho at least if you look there, you can see what the bass looks like. It now has black metal knobs instead of plastic, and a stack set on the mids... exactly like on the Millennium 4 pictured. Adding the preamp cost me about $100 including the knobs, and this bass currently retails for I think $2100 or so, and MF would sell it for about $1600.

This is DEAD MINT/NEW. It doesn't even have finger rub spots by the pickups! I've had it for months, but have very rarely played it. I just can't get comfy on a six.

OHSC is also mint, never used. All case candy included.

A buddy of mine is a peavey dealer and this one came directly from the sales rep. It plays better than any other Cirrus I've touched, and at least as good as the rest of my stuff. Take a look. That's saying a helluva lot. I'm serious, this thing has ultra low action and little/no buzz. It plays absolutely effortlessly, and the tone is typical Cirrus -- awesome.

So basically, this thing is worth about $1700 cash, but I'll blow this incredi-bass out at $1150 SHIPPED to the lower 48, paypal fees included. To your door, no muss, no fuss, and I'll even throw in a brand new/unopened 6 string set of Cirrus strings.

Here's your chance to get one of the worlds best 6 stringers at a blowout price. I'm so confident the buyer will absolutely love this bass, I'll offer a 48 hour eval period (tho the buyer must assume all risk and shipping fees).

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    If you're prepared to ship to the UK, I'm calling first dibs. PM on its way to ya.

3. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
  4. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Updated with pictures, tho it might not matter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    Whoa!(catching breath)
    That thing is bleeping gorgeous. I really hope someone buys it soon because I feel myself getting sucked in.....

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Damn that bass has it going on!
    Wow friendly bump

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    You should play it. It takes the lightest touch ever. :)

8. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey

If I played it, I would buy it instantly I am sure. I know exactly what to expect from a Cirrus.
    Like I said earlier, this better sell soon.....

9. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    AJ, I hope you get this... I know how bad you wanted mine, and dare I say, this one's even nicer! Best of luck to you buddy.

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    We're workin' on it. I really hate to lose this, but it's a real sin for this thing not to get gigged. It plays even better than my natural 5, and that one was set up by Mike Lull.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words, guys.

11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Best of luck on the transaction. AJ was after mine, but missed out being the first one on it literally by minutes. He seemed like a pretty stand-up guy, and definitely a Cirrus enthusiast. It's a gorgeous bass Vic, but you'll never be too far from a Cirrus, so I wouldn't worry. ;)

12. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    bump for an absolutely gorgeous bass Drooooollll !!!!

13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Wow!! That bass is awesome!!! :eek:

14. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Oh sweet Jesus.

I'm getting a Cirrus 6 but made of Bubinga all around.
    I can't wait to get it. Just wish I could have this one too!!!

This is the nicest production (not purely handmade boutique
    ) bass I have ever laid my eyes on.

Either way, Vic, you are a superb photographer

15. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Thanks guys! :)

Yeah, AJ's fallen a bit ill, but will hopefully be better soon and remains comitted, so I'm going to leave it on hold for now. I know he really wants it, and missed out horribly once before, so we'll try hard to get it in his hands. :)

On the photography, thanks! I've been doing a lot of experimentation, and just got a new dcam (no, not a really good one like an SLR, but better than the one I had before... especially for indoor non-flash stuff). I need to reshoot most of my stuff on my web page. Just need to schedule it.

BTW, most of my understanding on how to photo basses came from the bunnybass article, which is excellent. If anyone wants tips, PM me.

16. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    As another UK forumite - it's great to see people making deals and being so helpful with those overseas. Big thumbs up!

17. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just like my man Vic here, I'm another Pro Peavey guy AND ship overseas. Shame more of us that sell gear on TB don't help our less fortunate brethren out over in the UK, etc. It's really not that much trouble to ship gear abroad. I urge more TBers selling gear to consider it as it's tough for them to get good gear at good prices. Help em' out guys!!!

18. RyKnOw

RyKnOw

Jul 23, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Bump fo dat!!!!!

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Well, the bass finally shipped today, and he should have it by mid next week. I'm both excited for him as I am relieved this is over. Thru no fault of Aj's (he was really great about everything), this was extremely difficult to get done, and will cause me serious reservations about doing international business with basses from now on.

However...

SOLD!

Can't edit the original post anymore... prolly too old (!) otherwise I'd mark it too, but we'll just close the thread per the instructions and handle it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.