1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trans-Siberian Orchestra show revue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rumblethump, Dec 12, 2002.

1. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Well gang I got to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium. One heck of a show. For the old timers here, they reminded me of Rick Wakemans Journey to the Center of the Earth Tour. Narrator telling a story with music to embellish. Definately not your standard performance. Excellent light show. Stage washed in smoke. Including the 7 local Sacramento Strings (hired guns) there were 23 people part of the stage performance. The short description would be a Beethoven band with a rock rhythm section throwing in Led Zepplin, ELP, and Golden Earring. The venue was great, all 2000 seats filled. Now the biggest gripe I have about most shows. Although the overall sound was good, the hired string section was barely audible and the freakin bass drum was mixed too blanking loud . The bassist was playing a Geddy Jazz and a Jackson and was mostly buried by the bass drum mix.:mad: :mad: I had no problems hearing the keyboards, guitars and drums, duh. All in all, I would recommend you checking them out, especially if you like classical music.