Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transcribe a song for me = $

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by des00s, Jan 12, 2006.

1. des00s

des00s

Jan 2, 2006
    Will one of you pros transcribe a country song for me. I'll pay you 15 bucks via paypal. This song is ridiculously easy and you will probably be able to do it in 5 minutes but I just cant barely hear the bass and I want to make sure I'm playing it EXACTLY right.

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    what's the song?

3. des00s

des00s

Jan 2, 2006
    whats your email, i'll email it to you.

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Not worried about the money.

PM me.

5. des00s

des00s

Jan 2, 2006
    Well I have a couple songs that need transcribed. They are really easy but I just cant hear the bass. Any takers?

6. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    No.

Spend your money on Transcirbe! software.

I slows down the songs and has a frequency filter that will filter out specified frequencies so you can isolate the bass line. And you can put it on a small less than one second repeat so you can hear just one note over and over and over.

If they are easy songs, they are the ones that you should be working on. Don't wait. Transcribe yourself today. You will end up better for it.

7. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    just tell us what it is and we'll do it for nothing

8. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Pretty soon TBers will send YOU $15 to transcribe for you!

9. -Saosin-

-Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    How much does this software cost?

10. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    $45.94 United States Dollars

http://www.seventhstring.com/

Rip the song you want to learn from the CD onto your hard drive. Upen up the song in Transcribe! Define a start point and an end point. You can loop and slow down that section and define the frequency to let through or block. Open up the help file to the keyboard shortcuts, and you can do lots of neat things.

I have used little riff-o-matic memory boxes to do the same thing but they are limited in how long the memory is (like 32 seconds), and I have used (in fact I still use) a CD player that has A-B repeat, but the cd player takes time to get from the end back to the beginning, so there is a gap you have to wait for.

If you practice with transcribe, always picking the start and end on the 1 beat of the measures, and adjusting the actual points with your mouse, you can play through an entire verse and chorus over and over and over seamlessly, at a reduced speed on pitch.

If you want to write out a song, you can go through the song and define section and measure starting points to refer to as you are transcribing. It keeps track of thost points with letters and symbols above the visual moving frequency curve that shows the sound of the song.

One last thing, if you show the keyboard in the lower view, and reduce the section that you have selected, the computer will guess on the keyboard the notes that it hears. I rarely use this, but it is there.