1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transcribed Scores (all instruments)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by JaggedBass, Nov 2, 2010.

1. There are two parts:

1)

Hal Leonard has a wide selection of transcribed scores (seems to only be listed under Drums section??) which include all instruments and voice. They also have a section listed as piano/vocal/guitar.

I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the piano/vocal/guitar books and if "guitar" is inclusive of "bass guitar." I know they usually explicitly list "bass" in the included instruments but I just wanted to be sure that the site was consistent and/or if there are exceptions.

2)

Are there any other reputable publishers besides Hal Leonard for releasing transcriptions?

--------

Also, I know there are many tab sites, but if I could help it, I would like to get 'official' transcriptions of songs, most preferably by the artists themselves.

2. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    No, guitar would just be guitar but if they're the same as a couple Grateful Dead songbooks I have you can get very, very close to the bassline using the piano score.