Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transcribed: Star Wars theme

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, May 28, 2003.

1. I'm bored, maybe somebody will have fun with this :D

A--4-4-4------7-4-----7--4--------
    E-----------5--------5--------------

D-4-4-4--7--5----------------
    A-----------------5-----7--4
    E--------------------4-------

G----------9~~7------------
    D-------------------9--7--9
    A-/7----------------------------7--4-----7--4-----7--4~~
    E-----0-------------------------------5---------5

Let me know what you think..came up with it last night

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm not going to offer any advice, but playing the A on the e string is harder than playing it open A.... even easier.

3. Coypu

Coypu Banned

Feb 24, 2003
    Sweden
    I try to avoid open strings if I can since it tends to bring a more even sound (atleast on my bass).

4. Gee thanks..I didn't know that :rolleyes:

:D

I know but you get a darker tone with the E string..and the Star Wars theme isn't exactly light...

5. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    I dig it Polly, but there's already a tab floating around out there for the Star Wars theme, and it's a tad more complex (the dude has the chords and stuff). You gonna let him get away with that? :mad: :D

6. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    the 3rd section sounds a bit off to me...:confused:

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uh,,, I didn't do that, if thats what your saying.

Bah, open string sounds, what do you guys have? the worst bass in the world? Open strings on my bass don't sound horrible.

8. Yeah I posted it here in school, so I did it from memory, it's been corrected thanks for reminding me.

9. Try to do it with the open string and make it sound even.

10. sorry to dig up such an old thread but does anyone know where to find this alleged chordal version of the star wars theme? I wannnnit....

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Wow, this thread takes me back. Here, I wrote up my arrangement of it for you. Tell all your friends you figured it out yourself. Brrr, tab. :help:

12. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Just played that. nice little arrangement there Real cool. I think the original poster is still a little off though as well.

13. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    thx for that! :)

14. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    No worries, guys. If anyone else has any Star Wars transcribes I'd love to hear 'em.

Oh, and Bass_Mule, I think the guy who originally started this thread mighta gone back to his day job :D

15. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Don't know if you saw the Imperial March thread, there were interesting tabs in there too ;)

16. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Link?

There's a guitarist at my work who does a ripping version of 'The Phantom Menace' main theme. Man, I gotta get me some of that action. :ninja:

17. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
  18. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU