1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

transcribing and writing out from scratch

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassist22, Apr 20, 2010.

1. bassist22

bassist22

Mar 16, 2007
    hi

I'm pretty new to the whole recording and writing out music scene, but i do know that writing out even simple songs with 5 different instruments takes a long time (by hand anyway). Is there like a keyboard capable of playing different instruments, and me being able to play the parts seperately and layer them, then some how turn those recordings into sheet music? sibelius?

Thanks so much

2. I use Band In A Box for that and several other reasons. At the most basic level it will allow you to print lead sheets and with a MIDI keyboard you can enter parts and arrangements and print charts for different instruments including transposing parts for horns.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    BAIB is very simple to use.
    You can record you chord track, and the audio wizard will write out the chords for you.

Audioscore
    http://www.neuratron.com/audioscore.htm
    Can take this to a different level and let you play each part on your guitar and layer them up.

Melodyn editor outputs midi an simple to correct notes. This is one fantastic piece of software.

If you know how to play keyboard - then midi keyboard will do this. If you just know guitar then axon midi guitar works pretty good at converting notes to midi.