Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transcription Contest!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Alex, Dec 14, 2005.

1. OK. This is simple. The first person to transcribe this(except the part from 2:30 to 3:50 with the weird effect and incoherent crazy tapping, and not the part after the drums come in) somewhat correctly will win these FABULOUS prizes:

1. Mad Props
    2. A place in my sig for "best transcriberist"
    3. Mad Props?

This is really just an excuse for me to be lazy and not transcribe this, but I figured I'd make it fun for you guyz. ;)

So C'mon guyz - Give it your best shot! FABULOUS prizes await you!

2. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    That guy should just get a guitar and be done with it :meh:

3. ugh... that makes me cringe... i hate that "look how fast i can play" type of music. Sure its amazing but it ain't got no soul. Quality over quantity i say.

4. I know, I'm the same way, but we just needed something like that in our set to make everyone go crazy. Dead audiences suck. I'm sure you've all had the experience.

5. I love Billy Sheehan, and that solo was awesome. I don't think i can transcribe it though. I do know that your 3-finger technique would have to be pretty good to play it.

btw, if you want to hear sheehan play some good bass parts while throwing in his awesome chops, check out Niacin.

6. Yeah, I hate people who entertain audiences.

7. OK I'll make this easier. Hoe about just the first fingerstyle part before he taps. It's like 30 seconds. Cmon guyz!

8. just get your bass throw distortion and start wanking away. oh yeah grow your hair long where tight spandex clothes and go back in time.

honestly and i think i speak for many people its more of speed/chopsfest. its pretty cool but he should play guitar. im glad bass didnt go that route. thank you pioneers of the the lowend

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think everybody should deliberately not transcribe this, so BM is shaken out of his laziness and motivated to get working on this himself - he'll be much better for it, will almost certainly improve his playing a lot, no matter how slowly - and will probably thank us for this, in future!! :)

10. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    i'll do you an aleatoric transcription :) lemme get my paints

11. Impressive transcriptions. I should have you work out some of mine!! You rule!!!

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wow, nice hair tossing. You really think that will liven up a dead audience? I used to do stuff like that and people would race for the bathroom, although I must admit my hair was never as cool as Billy Sheehan's.

13. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    hey thanks dude! :bassist:

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Did I mention that I wasn't as good at it as Billy Sheehan? That might have contributed to the bathroom exit.

15. That's not true. They were probably running to the bathroom to escape the awsomeness. Some things are just too good for people to handle.

16. lol, this has turned into a battle of sparsity vs. chops. It's supposed to be a transcription contest...

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    yeah but nobody wants to transcribe it for you so what else are we going to do?

18. Alright I give up. SPARSITY VS CHOPS! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!!

Ironically, I'm going with sparsity

19. I had lamb chop the other night. Man it was good. My Dad made it. I didn't know he could cook.