1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Transcription Sites?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tapp, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Are there any good bass transcription sites out there? In a related note: Do most of you learn your favorite songs by ear or do you search out transcription sheets? I'm not going to get into TAB because I only want my reading skills to improve.

Tapp

2. I find this very funny, someone ask for a transcription site and he gets no help but someone ask for tabs and he get's 100 responses telling him how much tabs suck:rolleyes:

What you need to do my man since i don't know what kind of music your looking for is to go to www.google.com and type in bass transcriptions;)

3. well, the best I know of is <a href="http://www.dd.chalmers.se/%7Ef96tope/noter.html">this one</a> (click it!)

4. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Thanks! Great site!!

I'm looking for no one particular style; mostly funk, pop, fusion; stuff that stretches the technique. I've been watching my new Steely Dan DVD and I would love to find some of those transcriptions (Peg, Green Earring, FM, etc).

BTW, the tightest band you will hear in this new Steely Dan DVD; highly recommended!

Tapp