Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transcription Sites?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tapp, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Are there any good bass transcription sites out there? In a related note: Do most of you learn your favorite songs by ear or do you search out transcription sheets? I'm not going to get into TAB because I only want my reading skills to improve.

Tapp

2. I find this very funny, someone ask for a transcription site and he gets no help but someone ask for tabs and he get's 100 responses telling him how much tabs suck:rolleyes:

What you need to do my man since i don't know what kind of music your looking for is to go to www.google.com and type in bass transcriptions;)

3. well, the best I know of is <a href="http://www.dd.chalmers.se/%7Ef96tope/noter.html">this one</a> (click it!)

4. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Thanks! Great site!!

I'm looking for no one particular style; mostly funk, pop, fusion; stuff that stretches the technique. I've been watching my new Steely Dan DVD and I would love to find some of those transcriptions (Peg, Green Earring, FM, etc).

BTW, the tightest band you will hear in this new Steely Dan DVD; highly recommended!

Tapp