1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transcriptions of Aebersold vol 98 Jobim, How Insensitive & Meditation

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bass Momma, May 13, 2019.

1. Bass Momma

Bass Momma

Dec 25, 2017
    Does anyone have transcriptions of the bass lines for How Insensitive and Meditation from Aebersold Vol. 98, Jobim, or know where I can get them? I am working on it, but I need to get my bossa chops up fast for a jazz gig.
    I bought the book assuming they'd have the scores, but they're basically just chord charts with the CD... and I already have the chord charts! It's the approaches to fills I'm after.

2. EarnestTBass

EarnestTBass

Feb 3, 2015
    upload_2019-5-14_13-7-17.png
    There are multiple recordings, with variations, out there for both of the tunes. Knowing which artist you like or which version you need to learn might yield better results.

Look for Jared Plane's bass instructional video for "How Insensitive" on YouTube.

Also note alternative spelling "Insensatez" when searching.

Bass Momma likes this.
  3. Bass Momma

Bass Momma

Dec 25, 2017
    Thanks!

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

for most bossas chord charts will get you there: for those two tunes, specifically = chord charts will get you there! everyone is going to play a fill their own way (just listen to a few recordings!)...so if you're in a 'panic' you may be sweating it too much. you also might look at someone's bass cover of the tune(s) for ideas/'permission'.

good luck on your jazz gig! :thumbsup:

Bass Momma likes this.
  5. Bass Momma

Bass Momma

Dec 25, 2017
    Me? Sweat it too much? How well you know me! Yeah, it’s heavy listening time.
    This jazz thing is so much fun, I am learning so much. My comfort zone is a distant speck on the horizon, but we’re getting rebooked, so I’m doing a reasonable job, I guess .. But gotta do better!

chupacerveza, expatmuso and JRA like this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

you'll do fine!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020