transfering to another college?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Any one know anything about how to transfer to another college? Im thinking about going to another school in a differant state. Im starting to not like the school im in, and i want to be closer to my girlfriend. Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing that?
  2. go to the website of the school you want to transfer to or get an application. it should tell you what you (transfer students) need to do to apply. (im an office assistant at school and we have to get transcripts for things like this all the time)
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If you transfer, you may have a lot of credits lost. Would that be worth it to you? Think about sitting through classes with the bulk of material you already know...boooring! If your school is really bad, then transfer, but if you're just looking for reasons to be closer to your girlfriend, then stay. Would she move for you?
  4. Yeah, talk to an admissions person there and see what hours are transferable and what aren't. Generally your basic couses (ie College Algebra) will be transferable and smaller ones will not.

And just remember, out of state prices for college are outrageous, make sure its THAT worth it for you.
  5. Ill look into it more, but if the prices are really that bad, then ill just stay here. Id loose all the state grant money. She cant move here anyway, i guess ill just have to live with it until next year when i graduate. Thanks for your help.