1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Transformed EBMM Stingray SUB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Will Kelly, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Got this bass in a trade well over a year ago, and have absolutely loved it! If this doesn't sell, thats okay, I just have GAS right now for something else.

I am going to use Mike's description:

OK, check it out. I bought a very used Sub 4 string awhile back, stripped it, carved in body and forearm contours, installed a Nordstrand MM pup, had a set of "new" NOS Stingray tuners that I bought a long time ago and never used and installed them.

Shot the bass in Nitro Surf Green along with the headstock and finished the back of the neck in gun oil just like EBMM. Changed the black pick guard that was already on the bass to a Tort guard.

The pickup is in series mode. I like it best that way. It goes very deep and you can still spank it if you want. The bass was beat up real good when I got it so there are dimples you can see on the back of the bass when you turn the bass in the light but they do not show up well in the pictures. But they are there.

I would rate the bass in 8 out of 10 condition. The body wood was not in the greatest condition and I didn't want to sand to deep trying to get them out. the weight is right around 9.4 lbs. on my digital bathroom scale. It really is a hell of a nice bass.

Has a hardshell case with it also. I love this bass, it is the P-bass Killer

Asking $500 shipped in the lower 48, or will use as partial trade for a USA made G&L L-2000 or L-1000.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Beautiful!

3. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Bumpity

4. Payment sent. Thanks Will!

5. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Zut alors! Hot colour combo! :bassist:

6. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Sniff, this one is going to a good home with Eric!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.