Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transformers: Live action movie!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Jul 11, 2005.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yes, it is official..they are actually making it. I lost the link to the most recent story, but you caqn google it if you so desire.

The planned release date is currently November 17, 2006. Steven Spielberg will be directing and Dreamworks will be heading up production. There is not a signed cast/disclosed cast yet, but the movie is currently in pre-production.. TF's will all be CG'd in of course. There is no word as to whether a PG or PG-13 rating is planned, but I suspect it will be PG-13 given the TF history and the target audience of 20-35 yr old males. I hope they don't screw it up.. here's to hoping it turns out ok.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I hope they use the original Transformers cast (maybe throw in Ultra Magnus) and don't kill off half of them like they did in Transformers: The Movie.

3. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Transformers: The Movie has a special place in my heart. That fight between Megatron and Optimus...they fight with PIECES OF ROCK! You don't see that in modern cartoons - it's all "take my super-ultra-mega powerball extreme lightning attack!". And the guy says sh*t when unicron eats their space station - that was a highlight as a young lad.

Don't forget the theme songs by Lion either. That's some awesome hair metal :D

Still, I'll go see the new one.

4. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Steven Spielberg directing? NIce.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea... 'live action'... snicker.

Meaning, about 80% CGI with live actors running around bumping their heads on low hanging CGI pipes.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That live at their parent's house.

7. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Hey, feck you buddy. :bag:

No, this does sound a bit crap, and I've known about it for a while.

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    oh ya.. it's all based on the original G1 series.. apparently Spielberg has been reading up on the comics and watching the cartoons.

For the record I'm a 21 year old male that lives in his parent's basement... college isn't cheap, and dorms are gross... :D

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    At 17 (18 in November,) I'm a *bit* young, but my older brother (21) force-fed me Transformers ever since I could remember. I love 'em -- my favourite was Hotrod. I still remember the shock and pain I felt when Optimus died in Transformers: The Movie. I mean, jesus, he fought with his last breath...and Megatron SURVIVED? I was furious! Oh man. What a great movie...I loved it. I didn't like Rodimus Prime as much.

We have all the original toys :D. Out of package, of course -- we were children of a nerdy variety, but at least we played with our action figures!

EDIT: My brother lives in Toronto, in an apartment, going into 3rd year. WITH a girlfriend, no less. Not your typical Transformers fan, I guess...;)

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah. the new tagline is my signature.

:ninja:

11. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    All my male friends will freak over this, they were brought up on a heavy diet of Transformers! thanks for the news :)

I hope they recreated the original 'transforming' sound... I'm not sure how to write it... 'Din din din DIN!'

Nope, thats not it.

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Big +1 here. They'd better not try something "new" here. I don't want Steven Spielberg trying to put his "stamp" on Transformers, that'd be awful.

13. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    and hopefully he doesnt find a role for Tom Hanks.

:ninja:

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    _awesome_

i know i can't wait :D transformers RAWK

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    There's only two people I trust not to screw it up, and neither of them is directing it. In fact, it's one of my least favorite directors.

I'm not pleased.

16. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I concurr

17. Malodorous

Malodorous

May 19, 2005
    Illinois
    I hope it has nothing to do with beastwars.

Off topic: Does anybody else play Heavy Metal War on Seibertron.com? It's completely rediculous, but I always turn to it when I have nothing better to do.