1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transformers the mvie. WTH did they do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Jun 19, 2007.

1. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Jazz is a Pontiac? Bumblebee is a muscle car? Prime is a long nose semi? :meh:

What's next? Soundwave as an iPod? Megatron as a vacuum cleaner?

2. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Why not?

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm ok with it.

4. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Howabout there uber extremo metro paintjobs?

5. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    and optimus prime has a mouth for god sakes, it's ridiculous.

6. justabass

justabass

Nov 7, 2006
    Nashville TN/Old Hickory TN
    Endorsing-Trace Elliot,Peavey Basses,PedalTrain,Starkey inears
    Uhhhh...Optimus Prime was destroyed then rebuilt as a longnose...Technically he's dead since he gave his lifeforce to Hotrod in The animated movie to form Rodimus Prime...Crap Im a nerd!

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Only if you cried when Optimus died.

:(

8. Shows how much you paid attention . . .

season 1&2 had prime. and in the film he did "die"

then seasons 3&4 were the hotrod/rodimus era. BUT at the end of season 3 optimus came back! Why? because hotrod was gay! (season 4 was only 4-5 episodes IIRC? the headmaster ones)

9. Oh yeah, and, no im not a geek!

10. bryanjnkns

bryanjnkns

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulsa
    +1

I don't see anything wrong with it. And if soundwave wants to be an ipod or xm radio and not a tape deck then so be it. I'm afraid its not 1985 anymore, a lot of what worked in the cartoon will mosdef not work for the live action movie, especially in 2007. Check out the link for clips and trailers. IMO its going to kick ass!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=8437

11. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Although it might have been a cool back story how they come back as 1985 technology and that's how you can spot them. I mean they are all kinds of things. Jeeps, muscle cars. Why not a tape deck and ghetto blaster.

12. I haven't seen a tape deck in YEARS!

4th of July I'm there. May even camp out even if there's no line! ;) Probably only the 30-somethings will be as excited as I am about this thing.

13. Personally not looking forward to it. It looks like they've turned a kids cartoon into a horror movie. Then again I'm kind of a cartoon nostalgia purist :p

14. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not just any muscle car, the soon-to-come new Chevy Camaro concept. That alone makes the movie ticket worth it :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm excited for the movie. Not so much because I watched the cartoon as a kid, but more because it just looks like a fun action movie with a lot of wicked effects.

15. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Okay.

As much as I dislike about the design elements of the new Transformers and how much different they are...

...the new Toy of Optimus Prime is WAAAAY HELLAWICKEDAWESOME!!! He freakin HUUUGE, it took me 6 minutes to fully correctly transform, he's posable as hell compared to the original toy, his legs balance awesomely no matter what pose you put him in, and his body is springloaded to finish his transformation by popping his head up with lights and sounds!!!

I'm well well past my toy collecting days. I've got bass gear to collect now.

But I'm buying the new Prime as soon as I cash my next paycheck. \m/

16. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You know that Air Hogs is coming out with a flying transformable helicopter this Fall, right? It'll transform via commands from the remote control and can land either as a heli or on two legs.

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Personally, this is my fav version of Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

As for the movie... it's Michael Bay. Don't look to a MB for anything beyond lots of CGI and stuff blowing up. Besides, it's only the Transformers - it's not like it's Shakespeare.

That said, I'm outraged that Megatron isn't a gun.

18. Dude, holy damn that sounds awesome. That was my fave part of the trailer too, when you saw ( insert Decepticon name here) land from the view of the alley, and his rotors going all crazy.... that scene sold me on the movie.

That, and the old school sound when optimus prime transformed. I think this movie will be much better than the nostalgia-waxin folks give credit for. I liked the show as much as the next guy, but I'm a different person now, so is this movie, but I bet the spirit is in the right place.

Tell me who here HASN'T wanted to see this whole thing throw down? The fight scenes look effing insane. And I bet they spared NO expense getting the CG just right... oh, it'll pay itself back hundredfold.

Ron

19. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LOL. I almost bought my son that. Then I quickly realized it was blasphemy so I bought my son a transformer made of die cast metal from Japan. It's for my son. He's three. He'll grow into it. I said it for my son. :ninja:

20. +1 This is freaking blasphemy. What's Starscream going to use to shoot people with now?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021