1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

transformers.. where do i get them???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by justjonas, Sep 2, 2008.

1. justjonas

justjonas

Jun 22, 2008
    pretty sure we solved our bass head problem.

as before mentioned our bassman300 (sunn model t) was popping fuses, it may be the transformer now im wondering where i could go to scope out prices for it? i saw some transformers ranging from 40 bucks to 170 bucks.

can anyone shed some light?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If fuses are blowing it would seem that something in the secondary circuit of one of the windings is shorted out.

I'm guessing that you can order a transformer from a Fender dealer...don't count on it being anywhere near $40...I'm guessing that your high end is possibly low.

3. justjonas

justjonas

Jun 22, 2008
    actually our low end does not cut at all anymore and gets way muddy and nasty, the mid and high end sounds beautiful.

you think its a short huh?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There are a couple Ampeg-specific websites where you can get parts for Ampegs like transformers. Certainly there are even more websites for Fender amp parts.

5. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    People generally like Weber replacement transformers, at least I do. They have a good quality/price ratio.

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Since it's still aproduction amp (as far as I know) Fender might be a good place to start. It won't be cheap.

Either that, or Cybertron.