1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transistor Article Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr_Sore_Fingerz, Mar 30, 2009.

1. I've been scouring the internet and I've found a lot of articles by electricians on the conductivity of solid-state devices over tube ones but I am writing a research paper for a college English class and would rather have the musician's perspective.

My teacher has absolutely no knowledge of music performance and even less of gear or the complexities of amplification. This class is a mandatory one and I just want some nice, informed articles from musicians that would serve as some good sources for a decent paper. I know a LOT of the guys on here have some pretty impressive resumes and experience with amps, many of which being electrical engineers and amp builders, so articles that you guys have written would be great. Really not looking to express an opinion either way, because obviously I don't care to influence my teacher. If you have some biased articles, I would actually prefer them, as contrasting sources would make for an interesting paper.

The other reason I come here is because it will be easier to find and cite the source information if I can speak directly with the person. All I need right now is the sources, the paper will not be due for a while.