1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

translating files to MP3

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by probasser, May 6, 2010.

1. im recording with a Cakewalk ua-1g straight into my laptop, and when i saved the files they are .cwp, .cwb, .wrk, .mid, or .bun. Is there a way i can change these to MP3 type files? :help:

sorry if this is a dumb question. :bag:

2. GaryM

GaryM

Jul 28, 2006
    Dundee, UK
    Those all seem to be Cakewalk project files. What you need is a file that contains the audio you want to turn into an MP3. Load up your Cakewalk project and look for "export audio" or something similar.

3. hmm, the only file it has that i think might work is the .cwb file, which is apparently the cakewalk bundle file, but i still dont know how i would go about changing that into MP3

4. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    You will have to export your software file into something convertible to mp3. Usually export to wav then convert to mp3. See if some of the free audio converters can convert a cwb file into mp3...it will work.

5. got it, thanks guys! :D:bassist::D