Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Transparent Cabs to Run with PodXT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Jan 3, 2006.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I received a Line 6 PodXT Live for Christmas, and I'm honestly loving it. While I've not played on more than 2 or 3 of the modelled amps, the tones I get are great.

I am now looking to move into a new amp rig. I'm going to sell my Ampeg SVT3-Pro and replace it with a QSC poweramp.

My main concern is about cabs. I want something that will give me a good, transparent sound, without coloring the tones I get out of the Pod too much.

Thing is, I've had limited experience with cabs. I've only ever played through Ampeg's, a Fender 4x10, and my Avatar 2x12". My budget is around $500 or preferably less for cabs.

Are Avatars pretty transparent? If so, I may get a pair of their 2x10" Neo's, or a 4x10" Neo. I don't really know what aspects of a cab technical ratings and numbers dubs it as a 'transparent' cab, I just know that they shouldn't add much to your tone.