1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Transparent Orange USA Fender Jazz, which guard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Feb 29, 2008.

1. 3 Ply White

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. 3 Ply Black

18 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. 3 Ply Tort

18 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. 3 Ply Pearloid White

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I just took shipment of a bass from ghettobrassguy and I am in the process of making it mine.

Just installed a BadAss III and straplock buttons. I love the way the pickups sound, no change needed.

What pickguard?

I have a 3 ply white, 3 ply black, 3 ply tort, and 3 ply white pearloid?

I am a fan of tort myself but the black looks REAL good too :)

IMG_0542.

Help me make up my mind. :)

2. I love tort, but to me the reddish tort on orange wouldn't be attractive. But white pearloid would be verra niiize.

3. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I like the pearloid as well but I had to shave it down to make it fit my MIM jazz a little. BUt it looks ok on the Orange.

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Most of the time I'd say tort also, but then again I LOVE natural finishes, sunbursts, honeyburts, amberbursts, cherrybursts, etc. and tort looks GREAT on those. I'm not sure how a reddish tort would look on that trans orange but I'd bet a brownish tort would look very nice.

I think that white one looks great on it. A pearl white might look good too. If black, I'm thinking a 3-ply B-W-B instead of all black.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I gotta go with the Pearloid!

6. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    BTW I will be taking pics of a few days of what the TB'ers actually pick and posting them. :)

The Black guard is BWB.

7. White or vintage white pearloid. Baltic amber would also look HOT!!

8. I would not have imagined it but I think tortoise on this candy orange Sadowsky looks great:

[​IMG]

9. artdrtr

artdrtr

Jan 24, 2008
    Redondo Beach, CA
    I concur...

10. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

drool

11. It would be a crime to pick anything except the tort. :D

12. Abalone. :D

13. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I have the same bass with a maple neck, and with that combo, I kept the parchment white it came with. But with the rosewood... maybe black tort? Abalone may look cool too

14. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    It probably isn't the best pic, but here's a Tort guard on my Trans-Orange EBMM Sterling, to give you an idea of what Tort would look like. I currently have a BWB on it, and I think that looks better.

sterling04.

15. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I vote for black... I think it would look very slick...

16. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Pearloid white!

Vintage pearl would look pretty calssy as well.

17. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    I've got the same bass, although with maple...definitely ordering a pearl when I get bored of the plain white ;).

18. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I really like the plain white. I say stick with plain white or at the very least go pearloid. I really don't like tort at all. Ever.

19. RobTheSkanker

RobTheSkanker

Aug 29, 2006
    Dundalk, MD
    if it was mine, pearloid white. keeping the plain white would be my 2nd choice

20. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I just sold that same bass (on hold pending payment). When I got it, I debated between the white pearloid and the brown tort. I went with the brown tort and think it looks great. Maybe this will help:

100_0723-1.

100_0724.