Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

transparent...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbo, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    so last night i'm flipping through the channels on the TV and on VH1 was Robert Plant: Storytellers

so i decide to watch, but what really caught my attention was his bassist. Among the different basses he played through the show, one was a P-bass but with a transparent body and headstock. i believe the neck was also transperent but with a normal rosewood fretboard slapped on. and i was pleasantly suprised to hear how good it sounded. i thought the tone would be terrible with a body of plastic or whatever it was made out of, but it was not bad in any sense.

i just thought it was wild and wanted to know if anyone on TB had some input.

-jimbo

2. Yea I saw one of those too. Except it was a g****r. The guy who has it is one of my old friends and I was messing with it. It's a clearish green plastic and it sounds really cool. The headstock and body are plastic and the actual neck is wood. The cool part is you can see the pickups and such. But I knew they made one that was bass but I don't know where to get one or I definitely would. The one I saw was made by Hummingbird. I've looked it up several times but I haven't found the clear green one yet. Anybody know?

3. Robert Plant's bassist, Charlie Jones, had his transparent P bass made by Nightingale Guitars;

http://www.nightingaleguitars.com/

it was featured in bassist magazine- I think the neck was maple w.rosewood fretboard with a perspex veneer on the headstock.

[​IMG]