transpose tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by retitled, Aug 29, 2004.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    if i were to send someone an mp3 would they be able to tab the bass line for me? its not that long or complex im a novice in the tabbing department and would love the actual bass line but its an "underground" band and i cant find the tabs anywhere, even on google
  2. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    I"ve heard about a program which transposes an mp3 file into midi, but dont remeber it's name... Im also unsure if the file you would satisfy you, but you can get a tab from a midi-file by GuitarPro

That's all I can say here... :/
  3. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    well the bass line is very clear its a small bass intro that gets repeated a couple more times through out the song. im just having trouble tabbing it it always comes out way off. the song is called kalmageddon by lordi. i can send it to you/anyone i just really want it tabbed
  4. For future reference, the word is "transcribe". Transposition is shifting something to another key.
  5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    well, i'm pretty sure you don't want to hear this and so you're free to ignore it, but still:

keep on trying to tab it out (transcribe), you will gain very much by training your ears that way. trust me, it'll be worth the effort.