1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Transtone Fuzz (Endangered Audio Research)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by thedeadmelon, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

1. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Price:
    $110
    United States
    Up for grabs is a Transtone Fuzz. Bought on Reverb recently, from the original posting:

"Hand built by Todd Kelley(owner of Endangered Audio Research) in the late 90s as Sine Wave Labs. The circuit board is hand built on perfboard. All wiring is done by hand. The bottom is labeled #6 on the inside, but the inside of the box is labeled #7. The bottom is also not painted. Chicken head knobs have a crack near the set screw, though they feel tight. It does have a few dings and scratches, but it works as should. It is a silicon transistor fuzz, but was built to sound like a germanium transistors fuzz. It is very sputtery and squelchy when cranked.

This pedal was also the basis of the much expanded Moxtronics Transtone made by Todd Kelley/Endangered Audio Research a few years back."

I'm a big fan of EAR so jumped at my chance to get this. It's cool but it doesn't work with my playing right now so isn't getting a ton of use. The description above is accurate: it's a silicon fuzz trying to be germanium fuzz. $110 shipped which is what I paid. Feel free to ask any and all questions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020