Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Travel Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, Dec 29, 2001.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    This upcoming January I'll be traveling to Washington D.C. and New York by means of a deluxe motorcoach. This is an extensively long ride from my location in Louisiana. I want to take my bass along, because there are some other guys going on the trip that play guitar. So I want to be up for some impromptu bus jams. I can't afford an acoustic bass, and I hear that they don't compete well with an acoustic guitar. So here are my options.

A)I could buy some powered PC speakers and run them from my Sansamp.

B)Or I could purchase a mini-amp. I saw one in musicians friend for like 25 bucks.

I don't know if I could get as much volume from the mini-amp, without putting some passive PC speakers with it. It's considerably cheaper though.

Which route should I go? I need help!!

Dirk

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Buy a pair of Mackie SRM 450's and run them off your SABDDI. You'll be heard.

3. I get a lot of use from my Pignose Hog 30. It's loud enough to compete with accoustic guitars and it holds it's battery charge for hours. It was only $139 from American Musical Supply.