1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

travel bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elbush, Aug 18, 2007.

1. elbush

elbush Guest

Jun 24, 2007
    Bend, OR
    Hi all,
    Anybody have any experience with smaller "travel basses"? Can't lug my J Bass every where I go. Any thoughts?

2. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    There are some mini basses available out there, I know that Jay Turser has this:

http://www.jayturser.com/jtb-40.php

[​IMG]

It's 1/2 size, fun to noodle on. I was quoted $180cdn from my Turser dealer.

3. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
  4. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    Sweet, I have seen these before....here's a pic off the bass mentioned above (although the gtr version):

[​IMG]

5. richnota

richnota Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    I find my 30" scale Rob Allen mouse and Veillette make killer travel basses (they fit in guitar gig bags). Small but huge sound.

L1010258.

The Zon "Vinnie" is cool. Michael Manring uses very well.

There's a very funky interpretation of the steinberger by Status (Status UK)...all carbon, headless, reduced body. worth looking.

6. elbush

elbush Guest

Jun 24, 2007
    Bend, OR
    Thanks for all the imput...the Rob Allen's blew me away!

7. Osprey

Osprey

Jun 20, 2005
    UK
    +1 on the Aria. Ace Bass

8. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I just came off the plane with my Steinberger XL-2, plus the headphone amp and everything I need, which all tucks into the tiny gig bag. It's the perfect travel bass, and doesn't get a second glance going through security or have any issues going in the overhead bin behind the rollaboards.

9. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    +1 for the Steinberger in a gig bag.

10. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    I just got the Steinberger XT-2 to use for traveling. What are you using for a headphone amp?

Jim

11. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I also have a Steinberger XT-2 that I use for travelling. Always allowed to carry it on-board with no questions asked. I use the Pocket Rock-it headphone amp for bass. The headphones that come with it work just fine. And I got an ipod shuffle to plug into the head phone amp. It functions as a mixer as well allowing me to play with anything on the shuffle.