Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Travel help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Jun 15, 2004.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Gah! Okay, here's my problem: I need to be in San Francisco by Saturday morning from Omaha. Then, I need to be back in Omaha no later than 6am Sunday morning. I can't leave San Francisco before 7pm on Saturday night. Getting to San Francisco isn't a problem, but getting back, with my time constraint, is.

I've tried expedia, priceline, hotwire, and travelocity. I can't seem to find any red-eye flights that will get me back here in time.

Anyone have any other website suggestions?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Try Orbitz. Not sure if you'll find anything, but it's another option anyway.

3. don't rule out oakland or san jose airports. especially oakland. you can take a train for three bucks from downtown SF to the airport.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, when my wife and I went out to SF for our honeymoon, we flew to Oakland... I think it was cheaper too.

5. living in the bay area for ten years, i think i've gone through SFO once. it's a real pain.

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Damn good point. San Jose airport is also very close.

7. SJ is just a bit tougher to get to on public transportation. that's why i rank oakland higher.

then again, i haven't been on caltrains in years, the service is supposed to be pretty good now.

8. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Bah, I gave up. Thanks anyway guys for the help. I was looking at San Jose and Oakland as well, but couldn't make anything happen. The big catch was that I needed to meet a customer at SFO at 4:30pm when his plane landed, but the only flights that I could catch, to get me back in time, left at 4:45pm. It was just cutting everything way too tight. So, I went with plan B.

9. Eating Cheetos and watching I Love Lucy?