Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

traveling bassists, check this out...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by john turner, Jan 13, 2003.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i made the cool discovery that skb makes a hardshell, ata compliant, lockable golf bag case that will hold up to 3 very large bass guitars in their gig bags - even my 48" long 8 strings fit (snuggly but fit). it's got wheels, it's got handles, it's hard as a rock, it's relatively light and it's cheap too.

check it out...

http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/ppage.php?stynum=4816&PHPSESSID=81b850f877f6da7099113e7bd8fc8614

i got two of them and that's going to facilitate me getting 6 of my basses to the namm show. they get checked onto the plane in the special handling area that's used for pets - hand delivered, locked up tight. w00t. :)

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    So how are you getting your doublenecked beast there?

Peace
    Nick

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    shipped it in a crate on saturday. gonna have a majority of my basses there :D

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Did you pack it with plenty of food and water?

Im sure that creature would be in a bad mood when it gets out if you didnt!

If my band is ever up in Atlanta, Ill try to get in touch with you. Im dying to have my own doubleneck built by Darrin Huff. Youre not the only oen who likes to have both fretted and fretless basses on hand!

Peace
    Nick