1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traveling with your bass.....

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by cire113, Jun 9, 2011.

1. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    Hey anthony... I notice when you travel with your bass you carry it on with you?? i was wondering where do you put it on the plane? does every airline allow you to do this??

Also im looking for a soft/hard type case for doing this... You know what i mean? what kinda case do you have? thats soft for traveling and stuff but still protects the bass if you dropped it...

Thanks... see you at vics camp in a week or so cant wait!!!!

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yo Cire,

I do bring my bass on the plane. My Reunion Blues double gig bag will fit in the overhead of all 737 planes. Most of my flights(including today) is on 737 planes. Of course, they will fit in the overhead of larger jets that fly cross country and international. They don't fit in the overhead on commuter jets. Just be sure to know what you're flying on. I just gate check my bass on the commuter jets(last on/first off).

Be warned, a lot of gig bags made for Fender basses won't fit in overheads of 737s. They are longer.

I also have an SKB bass safe. But I have yet to have to use it.

peace,
    anthony

3. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    you've never had any problems bringing your bass on the plane though?

4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I didn't say that. There are certain planes where a gigbag won't fit into the overhead. The commuter planes have small overhead bins. You can't get a bass in them.

I've always gotten bass on a plane when the bass can fit.

-anthony