Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Travis Bean Owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassstud1, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    I beleive that unless you guys have tried one recently you shouldn't comment. I have an old TB 2000. Because I loved the sound of my music Man so much more for R&B it sat in a closet idle till I decided to try my hand at R&R ( wife says mid age crisis). I wasn't getting the "sound" that I wanted from my Music Man. I remembered my old Travis, got it out of the closet , new set of strings and presto change-o just the sound "I" was looking for.

Comments?

2. Bassmouse3

Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    Why do you look mad? you should be happy to reunite with an old friend!
    Best Regards, Bassmouse3

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well, you could have just replied in the thread instead of starting a new one.:rolleyes:

Both will be merged anyway.

Oh, and besides one person's opinion of the TB's appearance, most remarks were made about the Kramer version. Honestly, you'd have done everyone (including yourself) a better service by just posting in the original thread.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Isn't that self-contradictory???

Everyone has a right to express their opinions here. Your perfume may be another person's poison.

5. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    My apolgies to any one I offended with my comments. And I was trying to post a reply to the original thread, but got in a hurry and posted a new one. I feel very lucky to have the freedom of talking to everyone here and the option of expressing my opinion. I really should not have come on so strong ...Sorry guys:( .

Can we talk bass now?

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    The last time I played a Travis Bean was in the mid 70's. As I recall, it was a FINE bass!