Travis - "The Invisible Band"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Anyone check out the new Travis cd yet? I'm heading out in like 2 weeks or so to grab this one, but before I do I want to know any opinions from anyone else who has this. I like their music video for "sing" IMO its a awesome song and not to mention just pretty dern funny.
  2. coughs*annoying as hell*coughs ;)
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would say "very disappointing". I quite liked "the man who" which was well-crafted and produced, with some good songs. My girlfriend is a big fan and I bought her the new CD as soon as it came out.

So, "Sing" is the first track and sounds very much like the previous album, but from there onwards it's all downhill. There is not one other catchy tune on the album - most of which sounds like "second-hand" Radiohead to me. After listening through a few times, we both decided that it wasn't that hot and anyone would be better advised to buy the single and forget about the album - hopefully they will get back to writing some songs and maybe the next one will be better. :(
  4. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I had to listen to this the other day in college - for some strange reason, someone decided to have it blasting. After the first song, I find it quickly descends into one long whine. And, as I've mentioned before, the bass player is a bloody joke. :mad:

Travis are bad, m'kay?
  5. ok so i guess that means I won't be buying this one....