Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor Amps in Michigan

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Does anybody know a good place to try/and buy traynor amps. specifically in the western michigan area.

2. Try RIT music Grand Rapids, Holland, Grand Haven.

I don't think the Holland ones stock them, but can order. The Grand Rapids one might stock them.

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    where in west michigan are you? I'm about 20 mins from GR and Kalamazoo

4. i am in kalamazoo right now. but in about a week or so i will be moving to vicksburg (i am living in the city of kalamazoo in a apartment right now. while my house is beign built.)

how old are you sutton

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I'm 19. Yeah, I imagine you know where plainwell is then

6. not all that well, i just moved here about 2 months ago.

7. pjhandlin

pjhandlin Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm up in Grand Rapids and have not seen Traynor amps in stock anywhere locally. I'd recommend calling RIT Music, they have retail centers in Grand Rapids, Holland and Grand Haven. I give them high marks, excellent customer service.

Other Grand Rapids options include Firehouse Music, Rainbow Music, Farrow's Music and ... Guitar Center (last and least).

I quickly looked at the Traynor/Yorkville website and these are the two closest dealers to your area that I could find:

http://www.yorkville.com/default.as...tSecondary=Grand+Rapids&submit.x=3&submit.y=5

http://www.yorkville.com/default.as...SelectSecondary=Holland&submit.x=8&submit.y=6

I have never heard of the Grand Rapids listing for PJ's Sound. Might be worth a call. From their website, looks more like they stock sound reinforcement gear and might have Yorkville power amps.

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions about the Grand Rapids area. -Patrick

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Elderly Music list traynor on their web page, their in Lansing, probably about an hour from Grand Rapids, providing the Orange Barrels don't kill you! It's and excellent guitar store (among the best in the country) and a fair bass shop. They do carry Sadowsky, a big plus in my book. :D